Okay, the weather maybe glum and extremely wet, but I am not going to let it bring me down.
I love autumn!
I can't help it, it is my favourite season of the whole year. I love crisp golden sunny days, with deep blue skies. I love how the sunshine picks out the yellowing grass heads and the turning colours of the leaves.
Autumn is also a great time for storing, nesting and taking stock.
Dan always calls me a little squirrel. I love nothing better than foraging for cob nuts, sloes, damson, and blackberries and turning them into bottled treasures. I love having a larder full of goodness waiting for us discover again in depths of a cold grey January.
So this month I will be:
- Making Blackberry Vodka
- Gathering cob nuts
- Picking and storing squashes, beetroot & carrots
- Making Sloe Gin
- Taking out blankets from summer storage, nesting our home
- Knitting wrist warmers for the four of us
- Sowing green manure at the plot
- Eating lots of homemade soup
- Having a halloween party
- Visiting Westonbirt Arboretum to see the colour
- Go mushroom hunting in the woods
So Happy October.... what are your plans this month?